Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pain & Gain


                                           Pain & Gain


Me and my husband went to see this movie last night with no expectations.  I am a fan of Mark Wahlberg as well as Dwayne Johnson which was my motivation to go see this movie. I'm so glad we did! They were both outstanding in this! Not once during the movie did I get bored or start not paying attention (sometimes I accidentally do this).  I was glued to my chair for the entire movie! This was based on a true story and is pretty unbelievable. I love watching movies that are based on true stories even though I realize half of the movie is exaggerated or untrue. It still feels like I've accomplished something after watching a "true story" movie!

Pain and Gain is a great example of the absolutely horrid things people will do to get what they want. It's pretty scary to know that there are people like this in the world. While the characters in this movie are definitely not role models or people you would aspire to be like, it's still fun to watch and see how different people interpret different things and how they handle different situations. If you have a queasy stomach when it comes to some gore I wouldn't recommend this to you.  It's not super gory but if you aren't used to watching gore it may be too much for you.

Bottom line, I'd say this is worth seeing in the theater! This was a great movie to kick off the summer movies!!!!! Woohoo!! So many good ones coming out this summer!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment